Texas laws require a student to be fully immunized prior to admission to a public school. All immunization should be completed by the first date of enrollment.
Provisional enrollments are allowed under the following conditions:
- At least one immunization in each series has been received and the student continues to receive the necessary immunization as soon as medically feasible according to schedule.
- The student is transferring from another TEXAS school and while records are requested/received from the previous school the maximum grace period of 30 days applies. Student enrolling from other states are not eligible for provisional enrollment.
- A homeless student may be admitted for 30 days pending initiation of vaccinations or receipts of vaccination documentation.
- A student who is a military dependent may be enrolled for 30 days pending transfer of immunization records.
- Individual health or religious exception to the immunization requirements should be referred to the school nurse.
- Texas Immunization Requirements for Students
- Flu Vaccine Information
For more information regarding school immunization requirements for the state of Texas please visit