|PHS students place at UIL Academic District Spring Meet|
Posted Date: 04/13/2018
Paris High won four individual events and three team events at this year’s District 14-4A Academic Spring Meet held in Pittsburg.
The top three finishers in each individual event and winning teams qualify to advance to the Region 2-4A Spring Meet Saturday, April 14, at Texas A&M-Commerce.
Senior Anna Floyd was a winner in calculator applications and computer science, senior Reese Napier led a 1-2-5 finish in current issues, and senior Meghan Lamberson was first in feature writing. The winning current issues team included senior Graham Bain and Lamberson. Junior Quinn Andrews, senior Kira McFadden, and Floyd were members of the winning computer science team. In addition, the PHS theater production of The 39 Steps advanced from district and will be competing at regionals this Friday at 7 p.m. at TAMU-Commerce.
Atlanta accumulated 570 total points to win the team trophy. North Lamar was second at 406, followed by Pleasant Grove 299 and Paris 255.
Paris results (regional qualifiers in italics)
· Calculator Applications: 1. Anna Floyd
· Current Issues: 1. Reese Napier; 2. Graham Bain; 5. Meghan Lamberson
· Computer Applications: 5. Quinn Andrews
· Computer Science: 1. Anna Floyd; 4. Quinn Andrews
· Editorial Writing: 3. Zachary De La Garza
· Feature Writing: 1. Meghan Lamberson; 5. Zachary De La Garza
· Headline Writing: 4. Zachary De La Garza
· News Writing: 3. Meghan Lamberson
· Ready Writing: 4. Allena Taylor
· Science: 3. Allyssa Standifer
· Social Studies: 3. Reese Napier; 4. Graham Bain; 5. Morial Amin-Allen
· Calculator Applications Team: 2. Paris
· Current Issues: 1. Paris
· Computer Science: 1. Paris
· One Act Play: 1. Paris
· Science: 2. Paris
· Social Studies: 2. Paris
· School Totals: 1. Atlanta 570; 2. North Lamar 406; 3. Pleasant Grove 299; 4. Paris 255; 5. Liberty-Eylau 80; 6. Pittsburg 46
PHS UIL Academic Team: (from left) Kira McFadden, Anna Floyd, Quinn Andrews, Savanna Sandor, Mikayla Rogers, Number Sense Coach Renee Townsend, Nichole Hawkes, Allena Taylor, Ryan Tijerina, Aislinn Taylor, Allyssa Standifer, Morial Amin-Allen, Amanda Blouin, Britni Leigh, Science Coach Jennifer Hudson, Reese Napier, Meghan Lamberson, Graham Bain, Journalism Coach Savannah Abbott, Social Studies and Current Issues Coach Tracy Roden, Zach De la Garza, Matthew Wintz, UIL Coordinator Amy Burrows
Not pictured: Robotics and Computer Applications Coach Jodi Andoe and Ready Writing Coach Angie Black