The mission of the Paris Independent School District is to provide a quality education to a diverse student population, enabling each to achieve full potential and become a productive, responsible citizen.
- Will have a learning environment that challenges and provides opportunity for all students to succeed.
- Recruit and retain the most effective people by rewarding excellence and providing opportunities for continual growth.
- Remain an academically high performing, leading and innovative school district that produces college and career-ready graduates capable of critical thinking and achievement.
- Maintain a safe and secure environment for our students, staff and community.
- Continue to be fiscally responsible and financially stable.
- Be a leader in education by providing outstanding facilities while remaining good stewards of our finances and resources.
- Will continue to grow through competitive compensation to attract top educators and results-oriented employees who strive to increase student achievement.
- Continue building positive relationships with our community, media and families of the district.
- Actively engage and partner with parents in the educational experience.
- Enhance educational excellence and workforce development through collaboration with community partners.
- Promote awareness and support of PISD’s vision to be a premier school district.
District Commencement Goals
At commencement, a Paris High School graduate will be prepared to enter college, technical training, and/or the workforce. The graduate will:
- Be a Problem Solver and a Critical Thinker
- Have Mastered Core Academic Areas and Technology
- Have Explored the Arts and a Second Language
- Strive for Total Wellness
- Be a Life-Long Learner
- Have Respect for Self, Others, and the Environment
- Be an Effective Communicator
- Be a Team Player
- Be an Honest, Responsible Citizen